Monday, January 17, 2011

"Modern" Valentine Mug Rugs...

As I've told you before, we are getting a Modern Quilt Guild here in LV.  The first meeting is in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to incorporate some "modern" piecing into my quilts....These are little mug rugs that I'm going to give a couple of my fellow guards (teachers) on Tuesday.  I'm also giving them the mugs, the hot chocolate, and maybe a few Valentine colored Dove chocolates in the mugs.  A little "relaxation" gift set for a few teachers who go above and beyond and are feeling the stress at work (and don't have an outlet like quilting to calm them down!!)....

While I worked on binding those (using single-fold binding--a first for me), my friend Denise was piecing together a rag quilt for a friend's baby shower.  The theme was "monkeys"....

A very cute line of fabric, though I'm not sure of the name.  But it isn't overpoweringly "monkey/jungle"....too cute for a little boy, huh?  She will do the trimming and washing and have this ready for the shower in two weeks!!  Easy peasy....Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Love the mug rugs! What lucky teacher friends you have.

    The monkey fabric is so fun and definitely not too over the top!

    I am in the process of moving my blog over to www.janhatchett.com, and am taking an online blog class, so right now it is all about work, but soon, I will be starting another project (or three) so that I can get back to some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful your small modern stuff. I appreciate of your work.
    modern rugs

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!