Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pomegranate Center Quilt...

In my spare time I've been working on a modern quilt made from a Kona charm pack.  The pack was labeled "Classics" but I don't think so....The design is the Red Center quilt that I saw on the Material Obsession blog.  Someday I'll make a Red Center using my Kaffe fabrics, but today it was the Kona solids and some dark grey.  Obviously, the center square is the color Pomegranate....



Anyhow, now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to quilt it.  I bought a lot of grey thread so that isn't a problem...Any ideas???  It is quite small....maybe 32" x 40".  Any ideas?  I'm leaning toward just sewing 1/4" inside the grey throughout the top...not even quilting the colored pieces.  ???  Hmmm....

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful design! Can't help with quilting suggestions - I am famously un-creative when it comes to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure on the quilting, but that looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You could go angular with echoing with different colored thread or soften the angles with a stipple and a variegated thread? Let us see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of echoing in the grey area, but I think the colors need some curves. Maybe a single loop or one-sided feather? A cream or tan thread would probably blend across the whole spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt. Great design that really caught my eye and I had to stop and take a look. Can't help you with the quilting but am anxious to see it when you get it done. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I'm not sure how I'd quilt it, either, but it's a fantastic top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! I have yet to work on mine... hopefully it looks half as good as yours does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to your blog. I too am struggling with quilting ideas. One suggestion is to introduce a secondary motif that supports the original idea. So if the name pomegranate signified a color, introduce the idea of the pomegranate fruit or a whole bunch of different fruits. This would introduce the circular theme which would be a good contrast to all the angles. Just brainstorming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is a great looking quilt can you share the block size and how you did this....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this quilt, seeing as you called it Pomegranate quilt, why not quilt it with pomegranates? Last night I started to cut up all my solid gradation fabrics, thanks to you I now have some idea what to do with them. But I need to make long twin sized bed covers, 50 of them, quick and easy. This looks like a good idea. Been browsing your site. I will introduce myself later. Love what you do. TerryM. Israel.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!