Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday's WIP....

Gosh, there is so much in progress...where to start?

My Warm/Cool QAL squares are cut and I've got about 1/3 of them sewn, cut, pressed and trimmed...There are 310 of them....I cut at 4.5" and then trim to 4" so they will finish at 3.5".  What was I thinking?


Oh, I also got back my Dad's quilt for his cabin.  And I got it bound in two days...lots of Sons of Anarchy and Oz....The quilting was done by Kalynda Klemmer...


It is a large Queen comforter sized quilt...all from vintage men's shirts!!  ;-)

Today I'm off to paint Rebecca's new office at the high school.  The school is one of the best, but at 20 years old, it could use some TLC.  We've been cleaning over there for several days and today is the painting day....Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. This fabrics you have on the top of those piles is so pretty! I wish I could see more! And your dad's quilt turned out great. Queen binding in 2 days!?! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fabric colors on top. Love the log cabin. Good job. Have fun painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your warm/cool finished. Your colors are great. Your dads log cabin is so manly! He will love it. Cool it's out of vintage shirts. The school is very lucky to have you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very tempted to make one of those quilts, love your colors. I can't believe you like Oz too....we were die hard fans and were sad to see it end. I have a feeling it was very life like, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your log cabin! The quilting on that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dad's quilt is very nice! I can't wait to see all those squares turn into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your dad's cabin quilt is amazing and gorgeous! Hope you had a good day painting. So many schools need that kind of TLC--and few folks realize that the teachers pay for most of it out of pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I wanted to tell you I totally fell head over heals when I saw your zentangle quilt I am going to be using your tutorial to make one of these creations for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!