Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mom's quilt...

I finished piecing the quilt about a month ago and it just returned from the quilter last weekend.  Slapped on some binding (by hand, I love it!!) and it is finally finished.  This is a WIP from a year ago....

The pattern is Antique Etoilles from Moda Bake Shop.  I am not recommending this pattern as the directions are a hot mess....It is about 64" square...


The quilter did an overall feather meander...lovely!



This was supposed to be done for Christmas but I fell behind with the move and didn't finish it. 
Merry Christmas, Mom!!!  LOL...better late than never!

Off to two dental appts with Ryan...then more sewing.  Turns out I have a ton of the Maison de Garance fabric leftover (due to miscutting and a slew of other problems) so I decided to do a disappearing 9-patch for a charity auction from the scraps.  It is scary when you have enough fabric leftover from a project that you can make a whole new quilt from it....Hmmm...

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Better late than never and this is one gift she's sure to love. The all over feather gave it a nice finish.

    As for enough leftover to make a charity quilt, I like having that kind of extra. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never known anyone who was upset because their quilt was a little late! The feather stitching is beautiful - I have got to get some time to practice my feathers!!

    You've got a very lucky Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I really would love to make this pattern. And the feathers are beautiful! I need to work on my feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is gorgeous. I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the looks of your finished quilt, I would have never known you had issues with that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!