Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mini Log Cabin Quilt...

My students are going to love this!!  These are the blocks I started when I was out of town a few weeks ago.  The center of the block is a square 1.5" to 1.75".  The logs were 1.25" prior to sewing...so they finished about 0.75".  I did two rounds around the center block and then added a 2" strip of white to two of the other sides.  They were trimmed to 5.5" square and finished at 5"!  I added a 2" white border around the edges and it came it at about 49" square.

Perfect for my classroom!  There are 81 little blocks so it totals about 900 pieces.  I don't usually care about these numbers, but I know the students will ask...

This is on the backyard bench...see how small they are!

 
Then we went to the park....too bright out, I think...


These are the actual colors and an up-close pic.  I quilted all over swirls...


So that is what I've been doing...On to my next project!  Happy Quilting...57 more school days left!

10 comments:

  1. Those are cutie pie little cabins! I am not sure I have the patience to sew that many little blocks.

    Summer break will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites. I love the little tiny blocks. The white around adds so much. I might have to make myself one of these.The quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this---love the colors, love the size of the blocks---I just LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that was a fun project! Awesome, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your scraps and this little thing! Brights are my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! So many scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool! Such a pretty quilt out of scraps!!

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!