Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

We are up and at it today....after a late night at Fleetwood Mac last night!!  Rebecca got us tickets at Christmas time and the show was fantastic.  It was at the MGM in the arena and they played for 2.5 hours...non-stop!  Lindsey Buckingham is a truly gifted guitar player and and Stevie Nicks is hanging in there for being 65 years old....John McVie was great on the bass and Mick Fleetwood still rocks the drums like a teenager!  Awesome night...

Today I'm quilting Patty's friendship star quilt.  More pics later....

Here is the quilt top Rebecca made for her Dad.  I had a couple of layer cakes of Pure leftover from years ago so she used that to make a simple square in a square quilt.  I also had the backing and binding fabric so she got a free quilt basically.... ;-)  It will get quilted sometime soon, I hope...


I graciously allowed her to use my vintage Spartan machine.  Once she figured it out, it was all good.  This machine is a real beauty and the stitches couldn't be more perfect....



I'm off to do some longarming....have a great holiday and Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I snagged some more DS today in the clearance at Joanns. These were the newer prints- score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and cute Spartan! When are you going to teach her how to long-arm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilt. I have never seen or heard of a Spartan before but now I have! Good to work out those old machines every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little Spartan. I converted mine to a hand crank. I just love mine.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!